Monday, October 17, 2011

The Joy of Winning

So today was a crappy day.  Just one of those you wish hadn't even bothered to take place, because nothing positive happened at all.  That is, until my drive home.  As I was driving through the gray, rainy start of rush hour to pick up my boys, I tried to remind myself that their sweet faces would make up for all of the stresses & negatives of my day.  Then, at a stoplight (because I'm totally responsible,) I checked my email.  And there was a message from the wonderful Carol of Songberries blog emailing to let me know that I had won a tube of EnvyDerm Mascara!  And *poof* my day changed directions.  So, I am an addict.  I'm willing to admit it.  I am addicted to the great feeling I get from winning frivolous prizes that I may have never purchased for myself.  But it's a great addiction, right?  My winning "high" totally turned my day around!  Maybe it's very simple of me, but I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment